1) Do we have to be home when you service our yard?
2) Do we need to lock up the dogs or have them inside?
3) Is there an extra charge for the first visit?
4) How do we pay?
5) What do we do if we have to cancel service?
6) Is is possible to get just a one-time clean up of our yard?
7) Do you work during the winter?
8) What if it snows when you’re scheduled to clean?
9) What if my gate is snowed in?
10) What about spring break-up?
11) Do you also clean up moose poop?
12) Do you service Ft. Richardson and/or Elmendor AFB? What about the Wasilla/Palmer area?
1) Do we have to be home when you service our yard? No. Generally, it is not necessary for you to be home. If you are able to be there when our route person arrives, we would be more than happy to introduce ourselves, meet the dogs, and cover any special concerns you may have.
2) Do we need to lock up the dogs or have them inside? This is generally not necessary during dog poop removal. The information about your pets, which is supplied to us at sign-up, will let us know if this will be required.
3) Is there an extra charge for the first visit? Yes, all new clients will be required to pay an initial set-up/clean-up fee of $30.00. This fee gets you set up on our billing and accounting system, and includes 45 minutes of initial cleaning. First time clean-ups usually require more time and contain significantly more pet waste. If the initial cleaning is very short (e.g. you cleaned the yard yourself shortly before we start service or there was a heavy snowfall within the week before we begin service) we reduce the set-up fee by 50%.
4) How do we pay? We will ask you to mail in or leave a check at the door for the first month of service plus the initial set-up fee. If you are satisfied with our service after the first four weeks we will send you an invoice once a month. Our billing works on a ‘pre-pay system’, which means that all bills are send out approximately 3 weeks ahead of time (e.g. the bill for August will be send out at the beginning of July). This gives our customers 2-3 weeks to pay their bill and we know who will be on the upcoming dog poop removal service schedule.
If you prefer, you can also pay your bills with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) over the phone. Click here to submit a request for automatic payments with your credit-card, so you’ll never have to worry about paying on time again.
If you would like to pay your bills online and receive your invoices via email instead of the regular mail, please submit a contact form here. This option will also allow you online access to your account (past invoices & payments).
5) What do we do if we have to cancel service? Simply call our office at (907) 677-7473, email us:firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a notice of cancellation in writing to: Scooper Trooper, P.O. Box 113221, Anchorage, AK 99511-3221.
8) What if it snows when you’re scheduled to clean? If it snows more than one inch on the day we’re scheduled to come out and remove the dog poop from your yard we typically cancel for that day, simply because we can’t see anything. You will receive a ‘snow-credit’, which means that you won’t be charged for that day. Because of these occasional cancellations there will be more poop than usual to clean once the snow melts in the spring, and therefore you will be charged a little extra in overtime fees in the spring. For most customers who started our service before the first snowfall these will be very small fees. Overall it all balances out: you save some money in the winter in snow-credits, and you pay a little extra in the spring in overtime fees. Click here for more detailed Winter Service info.
9) What if my gate is snowed in? We ask our customers to keep the access-gate to their yard snow-free during the winter, so that we don’t have to go thru the house to get into the yard. We do offer weekly snow-clearing for a small extra fee for those customers who are unable to keep the access gate to their yard free from snow.
10) What about spring break-up? Spring break-up usually means there is more dog poop to remove, because large quantities of poop re-appear that had been covered by the snow. There will be an additional charge of $51.00/hr. (in 5 min. increments) for any extra time we need to clean your yard outside our regular clean-up times. Mainly, this will affect you if your service started after snow-fall and /or there were multiple cancellations over the winter due to snow.
11) Do you also clean up moose poop? We typically do not pick up moose droppings as part of our regular weekly clean-up. If a customer specifically requests additional cleaning of moose poop, we are more than happy to clean these up for some small additional fees.
12) Do you service Ft. Richardson and/or Elmendor AFB? What about the Wasilla/Palmer area? We do provide dog poop removal services in Ft. Richardson and Elmendorf AFB. We do not offer our dog poop removal services in Wasilla or Palmer. Please, consult the Yellow Pages for service in the Valley.